Sunday 17 June 2012

Noodles Your Way, CBD

It was raining yesterday and I was 'hermitting' in my warm heated room. Glad I don't have to walk in the rain with wet jeans and soggy shoes, and an upside down umbrella today because today is a sunny Sunday!

After church, JC and I decided to try someplace new for lunch near Chinatown. We've always wanted to try this noodle place in World Square, but never got the chance to. Since I have a food blog now, I have no reason not to.

Noodles Your Way is located just beside Taste of Shanghai, which we might try out another day. Looking at the menu, I'm assuming this is a Taiwanese restaurant as they serve a variation of beef noodles, 'Three Cup Chicken', and 'Rice with Lu Rou (stewed minced pork)', which are the Taiwanese dishes that I'm familiar with from watching food channels and travelling shows. From my memory, the menu has a selection of noodles, rice, rice cakes, cold/warm side dishes, etc. I didn't get to take a photo of the menu as the waitress collected the menu as soon as we ordered. I like how their menu has coloured photos of almost every item on the menu, and just the right amount of dishes.



As you walk in, you'll see a bain marie of goodness at the counter. A selection of dishes which you can choose from to go with a bowl of rice. 


The restaurant had a clean and comfortable environment, with wooden chairs and comfy cushioned stools. Definitely a better environment compared to the food courts at Chinatown.

3 dishes + rice $10.50
(From top to bottom) Beef brisket and carrots, Stir fried beef and broccoli, Eggplant and green capsicums

And so JC was tempted by the bain marie of food. They all tasted pretty good and it was not as greasy as other Chinese stir fries that I've had, although it was slightly on the starchy side.

Noodles with Beef Brisket and Tendons $10.80 

I had to try their noodles simply because the name of the shop was 'Noodles Your Way'. Not sure if the noodles were handmade, but they were good. The soy based broth was tasty and the beef brisket and tendons were cooked to perfection. The tendons were so tender that it could melt in my mouth. I was satisfied, although I would be happier if they had more veggies with the noodles. Otherwise, this would be a perfectly balanced and healthy meal.

Overall, this was a rather good experience. I would definitely come back to try more dishes (the table next to us ordered cold tofu with century egg...Yum!) One downside to this restaurant is that you have to pay right after you order, which can be a little annoying. 

Give this place a try if you're sick and tired of waiting for a table in Chinatown, or simply if you haven't tried Taiwanese food. After all, what's life without a few food adventures?


Noodles Your Way on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment